We might be the only United Nations, World Health Organisation recognised “Age Friendly City” in SA but with your help and by partnering with Uni SA we can be even better.
The aim of this consultation is to understand the positive and negative features of the City of Unley for older people and what can be done to improve the City of Unley for people as they age.
The City of Unley is working with the University of South Australia to develop a new Age Friendly Strategy, focused on providing a city that supports positive and active ageing and enables our residents to ‘age in place’.
Age friendly cities and communities are places where people of all ages can live healthy and independent lives for as long as possible, and remain in a secure and supportive environment that enables residents to participate in the community as they grow older.
Our strategy will be informed by community feedback, from people who live and work in, and visit the City of Unley.
If you are aged 50 and above, or are passionate about creating a city that supports positive ageing, we encourage you to participate and provide feedback as part of this project.
There are a number of ways you can get involved, including:
- Completing the comprehensive online survey below between Monday 25 August until close of business Monday 15 September 2014.
- Providing a response via hard copy survey, available in our online document library, via our Customer Service Centre, the Unley Community Centre or visiting us at Age Friendly Hubs below.
- Participating in our Age Friendly Community Forums, held at Unley Community Centre (Arthur Street, Unley) on:
o Monday 1 September, 1pm – 3.30pm (Carers Forum)
o Thursday 4 September, 1pm – 3.30pm
o Tuesday 9 September, 7pm – 9.30pm
o Thursday 11 September, 1pm – 3.30pm
- Visiting our Age Friendly Hubs at:
- Unley Community Centre: Monday 1 September – Friday 12 September, 9am – 430pm (closed Wednesdays)
- Unley Shopping Centre: Monday 1 September – Friday 12 September, 9am – 5pm and until 9 pm on Thursdays
- Unley Library – Saturday 6 September (10am – 4pm) and Sunday 7 September (2pm – 5pm).
For more information please refer to our document library, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other tools on the right hand side of this project screen. To obtain a hard copy feedback form or to register to participate in the forums please contact Brooke Chinner on 8372 5404.
Surveys will be received from Monday 25 August 2014 until close of business, Monday 15 September 2014 and will be considered by the Project Team to develop the draft Age Friendly Strategy.
Thank you for your contribution.